As a junk removal company, we see all kinds of strange and unique items that our customers need us to haul away. From the bizarre to the downright comical, there’s never a dull moment on the job. Just last week, we were called to a home to remove a giant inflatable clown that had been left out in the rain and was now taking up half the backyard. And who could forget the time we were asked to remove a life-sized cardboard cutout of Elvis Presley from a basement? It’s always a surprise what we’ll find on each job, but one thing’s for sure: no two days are the same in the world of junk removal!
A few funny things we've removed
We’ve seen our fair share of strange and humorous items come through our doors. Here are a few of our favorite stories:
- The time we found a full-size pirate ship in someone’s backyard. We’re not sure how it got there, but we can only assume it was a result of a particularly rowdy game of backyard pirate reenactment gone wrong.
- We were hired to remove a giant, inflatable banana from a college student’s dorm room. We’re not sure what he was planning to do with it, but we have a feeling it was not for academic purposes.
- We found a collection of life-size cardboard cutouts of celebrities, including Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga, in a hoarder’s house. We can only assume they were used for some kind of elaborate karaoke party.
- Last summer we discovered a collection of vintage wrestling masks in someone’s garage. We’re not sure if the owner was a wrestling fan or just liked to dress up as wrestlers in their spare time.
- We were called to remove a giant, inflatable chicken from a fast food restaurant’s roof. It seems the restaurant was trying to spice up its advertising, but the giant chicken ended up causing more problems than it was worth.
Removing strange junk items is part of the job
In addition to these strange and humorous items, we’ve also encountered plenty of other funny situations during our junk removal and light demolition work. For example, we’ve had to break through walls to retrieve forgotten items, we’ve had to use a crane to lift an old piano out of a second-story window, and we’ve even had to deal with the occasional angry raccoon or possum who was not happy about being evicted from their home.
We may have exaggerated......a lot!
While we wish we could take credit for all of these hilarious junk removal stories, we must admit that they are simply examples of the strange and humorous items that other junk removal and light demolition companies have stumbled upon.
However, that doesn’t mean we haven’t had our fair share of strange and amusing experiences in the field. From old appliances to forgotten collections of action figures, you never know what you’re going to find when you’re in the business of junk removal and light demolition.
So, while we can’t claim to have found a full-size pirate ship in someone’s backyard or a collection of life-size cardboard cutouts of celebrities, we have certainly had our fair share of humorous moments on the job.
In short, if you’re in need of junk removal or light demolition services, rest assured that you’re in good hands with our team. We may not have found a giant inflatable chicken on a fast food restaurant’s roof (yet), but we’ve definitely seen and removed our fair share of strange and amusing items over the years.
Working in the junk removal and light demolition industry can be a lot of fun, especially when you never know what you’re going to find. So if you ever need help getting rid of the strange and humorous items in your life, give us a call!
River Valley Junk & Demo is a full service junk, debris, appliance and garbage removal and clean out solution serving Hudson and the St. Croix Valley in Wisconsin and eastern Minnesota including St. Paul. We help homeowners, landlords and tenants get rid of their junk. We have cleaned out homes, apartments, offices, outbuildings, and garages. We are full service. All you have to do is point to what you want to be removed and we take care of it from there. We load the items into our truck and coordinate and handle the entire disposal process. You can trust us to get the job done right.